Fall is here and you know what that means… pumpkin flavored coffee! Or if that’s not your thing, maybe you enjoy a nice warm mug of tea as the weather starts to chill down. Either way, cuddling up with a warm beverage is a favorite fall activity, and what better way to enjoy it than with an adorable handmade mug sweater!
• Worsted Weight Yarn
• Size US F5/3.75 MM Crochet Hook
• Tapestry Needle
• Large Button
• Leaving a small yarn tail, create a slip knot and ch-14.
• 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook.
• *Ch-3. Sk 3 chs. 1 sc in next ch. Rep from * across.
• 4 dc in each ch-3 sp across.
• 1 dc in top of last st.
• 1 sc in first sp.
• *Ch-3. 1 sc between next cluster of dcs. Rep from * across.
• 1 sc in last ch sp.
Rep rows 2 through 3 until there are 15 rows of 4 dc groups and end on a row 3.
Create a border around:
• 4 sc in each ch sp across the top and bottom, ch-2 around each corner, and 3 sc in each ch sp on the side of each row.
• Sl-st back across top and make a ch-20 strap in the middle. Connect strap to work and sl-st across to finish border.
• Cut yarn with scissors and fasten off yarn tail and any other loose ends with tapestry needle. Attach button to other side.
You may print or repost this pattern and you may sell products made from it, but you are asked to please reference it’s original author and source (listed below). Happy hooking!
© Mandy B, Createfully Ever After™ 2018. All rights reserved.